Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Up & Coming

Just a few things on tap for this week:

Waltz Astoria hosts their weekly open mic night tonight at 8pm.

Friday is Poem in Your Pocket Day at The Bryant Park Reading Reading Room from 11-2pm. It’s the only decent activity I’ve found for National Poetry Month, and it’s almost over! Participants who show up with a poem can receive a free book while supplies last.

This Saturday Nosh Walks does Astoria (again). They seem to be hitting up Dutch Kills. Website has all the registration info.

And now, for my favorite: the first street fair is on Sunday! Whoo hoo! Finally, falafel sammiches! Chocolate covered strawberries, kitchy stands, nifty jewelry, random music. It’s great!! I can’t wait. Starts at 11 and runs down Steinway from 34th ave(so they claim but since I live 2 blocks away from that intersection I have yet to see it) to 28th. Who’s with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home