Friday, April 14, 2006

The Weekender

I sure hope the weather gets better than this. I was looking forward to walking around the neighborhood, and exploring some new spots. This weather makes me just want to be lazy.
Good thing there's some stuff to do.

Go Green!
Although Earth Day isn't until next Friday, Grand Central Terminal kicks off its celebration this weekend, starting today,now...go! Vanderbilt Hall is chock full of great exhibits and interactive hands on activities to help us all be a little greener.

Waltz-Astoria welcomes back its Talk Wine series this Saturday at 9. $20 gets you tastings of various wines, as well as munchies like cheese, fruit, chocolate etc. After a week like this past one and the fact it's rent day, this makes the perfect treat.

PS1's exhibit Coloring Book makes for an interactive afternoon of coloring in and creativity. The exhibit features reinterpretations of works by Edvard Munch(Friez of Life) and Tracey Emin(collective works). Come in and indulge your inner artist and fill in, reinvent and contribute to the artist's book of images.

While you can...
If you haven't yet, Sunday is the last day you can go to the Noguchi Museum and see the The Imagery of Chess Revisited exhibition. The Museum recreates and expands the groundbreaking 1944 exhibition organized by Marcel Duchamp and Max Ernst at the Julien Levy Gallery.

Oh, bollocks. It just started raining again. I was about to go to Pathmark, which has been hiding Flux Factory around the corner from me all this time, but I just don't really have it in me to make that trek in the wet. Makes me just want to put my feet up and catch this episode of Star Trek:The Next Generation (I'm just losing readers the more I profess my nerdiness, sigh).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home