Friday, April 07, 2006

The Weekender

Ugh!
How could the weather go from fabulous, back to bleak and gloomy?
I’m going to have to add some color to my weekend myself.

I’m starting it off by going to Angel Salon & Spa (32-70 Steinway St) to finally redeem by birthday gift certificate for one of their Rejuvenating and Hydrating Pedicures. This place has been open a few years now and I haven’t heard much about it. But I figure that they’re still there so they should be doing a good business. I think I am the guinea pig for Jamie. From the description on the website it sounds quite good. ---A peeling cream with granules is applied to exfoliate dead skin cells. Next a dry foot cream rich in vitamin A & Shea butter is massaged into the feet. Excellent for cracked or hardened soles.
(The polish of your choice)---
I’ve never had a pedicure before, mostly because I hate feet, but this could be fun.

Saturday at 1:30 Waltz-Astoria is hosting an In Style Jewelry Party. Beads and materials will be provided and all levels of experience are welcome. Stop by and create your own unique piece of jewelry. I’m in the mood for a shiny new pair of earrings!

Flux Factory has some interesting things going on.
Benoit Maubrey, director of Berlin’s Die Audio Gruppe, will Rock the Box. What is the Box? It’s a giant walk through musicbox. I can’t quite describe it, because they do it so well. I found their website since last I posted an event there, so check that out for all the details.

PS1’s new season opens on Sunday and the celebration happens from noon-6pm, free with admission. There’s a new group show, Reprocessing Reality, that works with documentary media. starting at 2 p.m. music and homemade cookies by the Brooklyn-based cooking DJ duo Scratch N’ Sniff, Serena "Swiss Miss" Jost and Marilyn "Jelly Roll" Carino, with more traditional musicians Jim Campilongo (guitar), Chuck MacKinnon (trumpet), and Martina Struck (alphorn).

Now I am off to get my pedicure!

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i was planning on going to the ps1 thing tomorrow. let me know if you are interested.

danielle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home