Monday, February 13, 2006

A Valentine's Day Treat

If you don't have your reservations in for the big day (although I am not a huge fan of V-day myself) at Le Sans Souci, Mundo or Brick Cafe, I would say at this point you may be screwed. You could take a trip over to Sunnyside and try Sidetracks, it's huge and I don't think they are booked up (I've eaten there many times and will get around to a review) or Bliss (where I will be, so a write up will follow). But with the icky snow outside, you may just be better off curling up at home with your sweetie and making a romantic dinner together. Besides, it's about the love, not the gifts and reservations.
Should that be your option, I have quite the delectible dessert for you to try:

BETTER THAN SEX CAKE *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
INGREDIENTS:
1 German chocolate cake mix
1 can sweetened and condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 8 ounce container of Cool Whip
6 ounces crushed Heath bar
6 ounces crushed plain Hershey bar

DIRECTIONS: Bake cake as directed in 9x13 pan. Take the handle of a wooden spoon and poke holes all over the cake while it's still warm. Pour can of condensed milk over warm cake, then repeat with caramel topping.
Refrigerate for 6 hours.
Frost cake with Cool Whip topping and sprinkle with crushed Heath & Hershey bar.

Serve immediately.

2 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been making this cake for EVER without the Hershey bar! Can I ask where you got the recipe?

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Jenn~*Firelight Jewelry*~ said...

to be honest i am not really sure. i collect recipes from everywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home