Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Euro Delight(ful!)

I LOVE this place! Granted I never eat their sandwiches or other fare, but they’re not the main attraction. It’s the crepes. Oh, the to-die-for crepes. Many varieties of both sweet and savory and you can even piece together your own if the 40 or so ones they have on the menu aren’t to your liking. With the right seat, or while waiting for a take-away, you can watch them make the crepe itself and then assemble all your goodies onto it.
My favorite crepe is just nutella and strawberries (sort of on the menu, but that one involves bananas as well). I am a HUGE fan of sweet and this really does the trick for all sorts of cravings and bad moods. I could eat this everyday, but seeing as how I would look like a whale if I did, I have to limit my self to once every other month or so. But that makes them taste all the better. I brought John there this past weekend (we needed to get the taste of the nasty diner food out of our mouths from the night before) and he tried a savory crepe with ham cheese and tomatoes. He was pleasantly surprised. Especially because it was fully stuffed. Even he couldn’t finish it! I, however, don’t have that problem when it involves nutella. I can eat that by the jar(which reminds me it is on sale at Duane Reade). I also highly recommend trying the Orange Vanilla Ice Blended drink. It’s frothy, a nice balance between the 2 flavors and oh so tasty. The staff is really friendly and I’ve never had the experience where anyone was rude(customers on the other hand…) The only drawback is that the place is really small. It’s fine when not too crowded, but when it is, and especially with the families with small children, it can be a bit taxing. It’s not that I don’t like kids. I do. I just don’t like other people’s misbehaved children. Like the parents who let their children carry on, because they are expressing themselves and it would stunt their emotional growth to tell them to cut it out. Sorry, that’s a whole other rant. Anyhoo, if it’s crowded just get it to go and eat at home. They even make it look pretty for the take away container. And if you get powder and chocolate on your face, (as Michael and Stephen have had to point out to me) no one will notice.
Euro Delights, Broadway @ 32nd street, right on the corner.

5 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ya know I like this place, too, except I wish they packed the crepes in those little foldy-carboard deals. Taking out a crepe in styrofoam and eating it with a knife and folk just doesn't feel right to me. It's street food, 'ya know?

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh I LOVE crepes! So excited I can have one during the winter now!~jules

 
At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HORRIBLE, RUDE & OBNOXIOUS SERVICE! My sister and I went here for brunch. My sister, who has been a vegetarian all her life, ordered a vege burger. They messed up her order and brought a beef burger instead. When we realized they got the wrong thing, we proceeded to tell our server (the son of the owner) that there had been a mistake. He looked completely incredulous and started blaming us, insisting that we had said cheese burger. I told him that was not possible as my sister has been a vegetarian all her life and I heard her very clearly when she said vege burger. He still kept insisting that he had heard cheese-burger. At which point, I said "are you trying to say that we are lying?". To which he replied, "She said cheese burger. I heard her. This is my place, you cannot behave this way in my place. Behave like that in your own place." I was completely flabbergasted!!! I have never experienced anything like this at any restaurant in all of new york city! Any other restaurant with good service, would have let it go, and said irrespective of the misunderstanding, they would be happy to replace the order for us, instead of arguing with us, and implying that we were lying and misbehaving. Not only did he not apologize, he never replaced our order!!! If this is how they treat their customers, I am sure bad karma is going to get them one day. It does not matter how good teh food is, if the service is so poor. A place like this should not exist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home