Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Astoria LIC Report

The quietness in town permeates our own backyard it seems. Not too much coming up but I did manage to dig up some stuff.

Thursday, December 8th
Waltz Astoria is doing their Dessert & A Movie thing again this week, showcasing All About Eve at 9pm. But, tonight is double the entertainment. After the movie stick around for Philly fave Julia Othmer's late set at 11pm.

Saturday December 10th
Saturday is the 3rd Inernational Poetry Festival at LaGuardia Community College. Presented by the Creative Coalition the festival is a celebration of two great things, poetry and Queens diversity. The free event, starting at 7pm, will feature readings by 14 poets as well as live music.

Sunday December 11th
Freeze Peach is going to be jumping. First up, from 4-8 support vinyl! I thought this was pretty cool when I read about it. The Vinyl Enthusiasts Group(VEG) used to meet at Freeze Peach to listen to their vinyl on an old portable player that has since spun it's last tune. The group has been on hiatus. But, they are attempting a ressurrection. Members will be running the bar from 4-8 to raise money for a new player for the listening pleasure of the group and patrons. But the night really gets started at 7:30 for Freeze Peach's 1st Ever Ampless Showcase. 4 acts no cover.


Well, if i can't find that much happening, maybe I can make something happen.

This week Narnia:The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe opens. I'm really excited to see it. Since the book is so short I just reread it. I can't wait to see how it's translated onto the screen. It would have to rely heavily on CGI, and from the production stills I've seen, it does. And I am so giddy to have discovered Liam Neeson is Aslan. oooooohhhhhhh.

I also heard that Locale opened. I may have to check it out this weekend. However, I do have a party this weekend, so that could be iffy. We shall see.

1 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent blog page, Jenn! Look out, I may start to rely on this, my new bookmark on where to bring my new boyfriend to get him out of Brooklyn. Not that there's anything wrong with Brooklyn... heck, he's close to both a major subway hub and an awesome grocery store... but Astoria is HERE, where all my stuff is. Anyway, Narnia is a MUST! I grew up on those books.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home