Monday, December 05, 2005

Happening In Town

Seems to be quieting down as we head full steam into the holidays. A lot of my lists have gone on hiatus for the upcoming month. But have no fear, dear reader, all 5 of you. I will continue to search for things to occupy our time with.

December 5th
Ian Frazier at B&N
While I'd much rather see an author, or buy a book for that matter, from an independent bookstore, this seems interesting. Frazier, former contributer to the New Yorker, has penned a collection of essays on life in NYC capturing the uniqie moments, details and rhythms of the city.
B&N at 82nd and Broadway @ 7pm.

Wednesdays
Check out Booze & Yarn at the Bowery Poetry Club in the Cafe Wednesdays from 7-10pm. No cover and you can even buy a beginners kit for $20. Instructions and guidance of all levels provided by the founder and everyone does a project they pick. All with a bar and food available for purchase. I've been looking for a good stitch-n-bitch and this sounds nifty, especially since I don't know how to knit and I've already forgotten my crappy crotchet skills. Although, for proximity's sake I should check out the Astoria Crafty Knitters. I'll post a blurb about them when I tackle Astoria. Thanks to Angie for trying to recruit me into Booze and Yarn. Hopefully by January I'll be there.

December 5th-9th
Echo Sample Sale
My perks for working in the fashion industry. I get the heads up on some sample sales. This one is really popular with the gals in my office. Lots of reasonably priced accessories. Great place to stock up on "Shit I forgot!" gifts. Here's the 411 from Kim:
Hi everyone,
I know a lot of you like the Echo Design sample sale- so details of this year's sale are below. Included will be scarves, cold weather items, special accessories, and an assortment of their handbags/ leathergoods which are in conjunction with Monsac. The Echo licensed products are included- Polo, Ralph Lauren, Laura Ashley, Vittadini, and I'm sure a few others I am forgetting about.
December 5- 9 at 11 East 39th St. 10th floor
Monday 8- 5
Tues- Thurs 8-7
Friday 8-4
I would recommend going early, as the best things do sell out by first day. Also, lunch time hours are very crowded.

December 9th-January 12th
Hitchcock Film Series
The Film Forum is showing 35 Hitchcock films between Dec. 9 and Jan.
12!
See www.filmforum.org/films/hitchcock.html for more info.

December 2nd-18th
Christmas in Little Italy
OK so I'm a little late in finding out about this one. Check out Little Italy with it's illuminated overhead lights, holiday decorations, parades, brass bands and carolers. On the 17th when Santa makes his way down Mulberry make like Kevin "Bloody" Wilson and chant the lyrics of one of my favorite carols of his,"Hey Santa Clause you Cunt, where's me fucking bike?" or for the girls "Hey Santa Clause you Cunt, where's me fucking pram?"
I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas.

Will update as I find the interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home