Wednesday, November 23, 2005

What to bring?

So Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and you're looking forward to all the mouth-watering treats, and wonder to yourself, "Wait, what am I bringing to the feast?" No fear, I'm going to share my secrets with you. Anyone reading who is familiar with my part-ays will recognize these as the staples. Since I'm helping my mom out this year I thought I would make what I know are crowd pleasers. And they are easy to boot. Feel free to use them!

Coleslaw:
Bag of shredded cole slaw mix
Miracle Whip
2 Apples
Lemon Juice

Ignore the directions on the bag. In a large mixing bowl scoop some miracle whip to the bottom. Add half the apples and half the bag of mix. Mix well. Add more Miracle Whip if you want(basically I give no measurements b/c some people like it well coated, others light, do what you want)add the rest of the apples and the rest of the bag and mix well. Toss in up to 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and mix it in well. This helps to preserve it a bit. Refrigerate for an hour.
Side note: this on a leftover turkey sandwhich, soooooo good

Pasta and Veg Salad:
1 pkg frozen tortellini, cooked according to package (or you can use another pasta if you choose)
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 cucumber seeds removed and diced
1 sm package frozen string beans, cooked according to package
1 bottle Italian dressing
Parmesean Cheese to garnish

After cooking and rinsing the tortellini in cold water toss in all veggies and pour dressing over it. Mix well and refrigerate. Top with parm when serving. Can be made the night before and refrigerated for a day prior to serving.

Garlic and Herb Dip
1/2 packet(or more depending on how flavorful you want it)of Lipton Garlic and Herb Soup mix
1 container Whipped Cream Cheese
1 carrot shredded
1 celery stalk diced
1 cucumber seeds removed and diced

Mix everything together.

I didn't really give specific amounts b/c all of these are to your taste. Add what you want more of, take out and substiute what you don't like.

How easy was that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home