Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Astoria LIC Report

Just realized something...it would really suck if someone tried to combine the name into one super neighborhood. I mean think about it: as-lic? Eh, we'll have to deal with long form I suppose.

Wednesday 11/30
Calling all local musicans. Get your tune heard tonight. Open mike night at Waltz-Astoria. All syles and backgrounds welcomed. 8pm.

Thursday 12/1
Catch my favorite jazz musican J. Walter Hawkes and his revelers get there tunes on at Art-o-Mat. This is the first I've heard of this place but it seems quite intriguing and can't wait to check it out. So this show I really should see. I'll tell yas what I think about it.

Friday 12/2
Celebrate 100 Years at Astoria Library.
Astoria Library 14-01 Astoria Blvd.
The Queens Library invites you to join Queens’ community leaders and residents to officially commemorate this historic milestone. At 5:15 p.m., the festivities begin with The Banjo Rascals, who will play ragtime music selections and popular tunes from yesteryear. At 6:30 p.m., the formal program will commence with Borough President Helen Marshall and City Councilmember Peter Vallone, Jr., helping Library Director Thomas Galante unveil the library’s recent renovations. The community program will also include presentations by the Greater Astoria Historical Society, a musical performance by Mezzo-Soprano April James, and much more. Admission is free, and light refreshments will be served. [note: description taken from a community forum]

Saturday 12/3
Kick back and relax with a sweet treat and beverage while watching Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo, starring James Stewart. Part of Waltz-Astoria's dessert & a movie.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before I forget, we should check out that new place "Locale" (34th Ave.) when it opens. (Or am I repeating myself?? I never know anymore.)

Danielle

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jenn - believe or not, you're not the first one to envision the as-lic concatination. Sad, but true.
http://www.curbed.com/archives/2005/05/12/new_name_suggestions_for_les_astoria.php

 

Post a Comment

<< Home