Monday, August 28, 2006

Astoria has been Road Tasted

Ok, I admit it. As much as I am addicted to Sci Fi (who is not renewing my beloved SG-1 after airing the remainder of season 10?! What's wrong with these people?) I am also heartily addicted to the Food Network. Imagine my surprise when I saw Jamie and Bobby Dean whipping up a batch of Galaktoboureko at Artopolis(Agora Plaza 28-13 31st St.) a Greek bakery that I've actually never heard of until the show!

Here's a quick snippet from the website:

Whoever said you can do New York in a day has obviously never been to New York. Jamie and Bobby Deen head back to the Big Apple to sample some other ethnic fair. First stop, Astoria Queens, home to thousands of Greek Americans. The boys drop in on Artopolis Bakery and home of the Galaktoboureko—say that three times fast! This delicious delicacy is a phyllo dough dessert where, in the process, time is of the essence due to the delicate nature of the 12 layers of phyllo.

And let me tell you it looked goooooood! And now when someone says Galaktoboureko I know what it is. I may not be able to say it, but I know what it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home