Friday, August 11, 2006

The Weekender

Oh how beautiful this weekend will be! I can’t wait to get out and walk the neighborhood. It’s been too hot to take my camera out for a walk. This weekend shall be perfect! So, if you see a kooky chick with a big old fashioned SLR and a dinky little digi cam taking random pics of things, like strangers front yards or you even….that would be me; your somewhat dorky always lovable editor. I have a few neighborhood photos I’ve taken and I will be posting them soon. I’d have more…but it takes me a while to get the ole Tri-X over to B&H. And now I don’t work near there anymore. But I believe I saw someplace near my new location (Flatiron Bldg area).

Anyway, one of the things I actually have photos of is the Interstate Exhibit at Socrates. If you haven’t yet been, move! It ends this Sunday! I’ll post my photos in case you missed it.

Waltz-Astoria reopens tonight after their deserved summer recess with the Richard McGraw Trio. Can’t seem to figure what they’re about, other than singer songwriter. But it’s Waltz, it has to be good.
Tomorrow night join them at 9pm for a screening of Woodstock-3 days of peace and love.

This has got to be one of the best weekends to enjoy WarmUp at PS1. Saturday from 2-9pm get groovy, get down at one of the hottest outdoor parties LIC has to offer.

Sunday is yet another opportunity for you to down a Sausage & Pepper hero, a fresh fruit shake, some choco covered strawberries and gawk at kitchen gadgets, crystals, tee shirts and all sorts of fun kitschy stuff. That’s right Street Fair! This time on Steinway street btwn 28th and 34th ave...but they never really stretch that far. Sadly…I can always use an extra block of street fair. I will so be staking out the PR & DR food stand. John has discovered a love for roast pig. I just want some arroz con gandules. Then again, I could have my mom make that for me whenever I want. Methinks I should take a trip to Jackson Hts soon.

Earlier Sunday morning stroll over to Astoria Park, to my fave spot under the Hell Gate, and toss the ole Frisbee around. 10:30 is catch as you can, and 11:00 brings on the ultimate! Bring a light and dark colored shirt to meet fellow astorians tossin the disk around.

If gory scary funny Brit flics are your thing, Hell Gate Social is screening Evil Aliens this Sunday.

As usual this weekend you can center yourself with yoga and tai chi at Socrates and enjoy canoe rides on the east river at Hallets Cove.

Maybe you just want to take in brunch or dinner at a café or restaurant with outdoor seating. Try Le Sans Souci’s back garden, or Fatty’s Cafe, with it’s great view of my alma mater. For liquid refreshment head over and enjoy the outdoors at the Water Taxi Beach, LIC Bar’s outdoor garden, or the garden at Hell Gate Social. If it’s a café you’re after the gals at Alpha Astoria have you covered.

Me, well I’ve got too many b-day shindigs to attempt to make this weekend. But my threat of wandering around with my camera remains. And me, miss a street fair, never! Maybe this time I will remember to take my cruddy cam out of my bag.
Enjoy!

1 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thanks for being so supportive of us at Waltz

Song and I appreciate all the
"good vibes ,from all you cats "

( can you tell we watched Woodstock on Saturday Night ??)

Really

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome back..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home