Thursday, August 03, 2006

MMM MMM Goooooood!

So this past weekend I managed to throw my annual Summer Fiesta (v 3.0) without the power failing me. Whoo hoo!!
It was good times. Of course, I am the hostess with the mostess (someone back me up here!)
But I’m not here to dish about the party. I want to share a little some thing.
Now, despite the fact that I made TONS of food...see below…



There was only 1 thing that was raved about and everyone asked me about. No, it wasn’t my now famous dip (see thanksgiving for the recipe) no it wasn’t my kabobs (or K-bobs as my brother learned to call them in the army...and he was in the Middle East!), although Anthony totally dug the marinade, no it wasn’t my apple coleslaw. It was something that was totally store bought, totally a last minute, saw it at Pathmark and decided what the heck kind of purchase. The tasty treat…Sabra Hummus



Now I have only recently discovered that I actually like hummus, and falafel for that matter, because of an intense dislike for chick peas. I am no hummus connoisseur, but this was the tastiest yet. Even better than my buddies at Mengal in Sunnyside(you have to visit them if you are in Sunnyside 47th and Queens Blvd-south side). It had a great smooth consistency and comes in a variety of flavors although I stuck with original.
Please note that I did not clean the container. It was wiped clean. OK, well since John was with me on clean up patrol, he wiped it clean with pita. Which, oh totally have to tell you about. It’s ASTORIA pita, made right here in our own back yards.



And Sabra is local also! The pita itself is more traditionally greek in that it is better for gyros, and has no pocket for falafel. ( and despite the bag, I won't be using it to make a taco anytime soon) But you have to dig the fact that both products go so well together and they are both Astoria/LIC based.
So if you are in the mood for some GREAT hummus and tasty pita, look no further than your own backyard folks.
(fyi I found the Astoria pita at C-Town on B-way…Pathmark had a surprising lack of pita choices…but they have the Sabra, across from the deli counter in the random little cooler dealy thingy)

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home