Friday, April 11, 2008

The Weekender

Oh spring has finally sprung. What a lovely walk home I had last night. Flowers were blooming in front yards, trees were blossoming...my block in the spring is just so lovely. Add in the stray kitties I keep trying to get to follow me home and it's quite the nice walk. Though I do wish I could convince kitty kitty to follow me home. Unfortunatlely with all this great weather and things springing to life this weekend is going to be a wet one.

Tonight you can stay dry in one of 2 great Ditmars spots.

Our friends at Waltz present another round of the Lady Songwriter Showcase. I checked out the websites of the 3 very talented ladies hitting the stage tonight at 8pm and I must say you will definitely get your $10 and 2 drinks worth.

If you'd rather laugh your ass off head over Astoria's only weekly comedy showcase at Mezzo Mezzo. I've never been to Mezzo Mezzo but I hear they have some pretty good grub that you can order during the funny. Matt Taylor is hosting comedians Eric Andre and Tim Young. I believe it's a $5 cover for the laughs.

Saturday night Waltz hosts their newest resident artist-Connie Brooks and Ryan Olsen. The swinging duo does new spins on classic American standards and old favorites. 9:00 showtime with a $10 cover.
Also-while on about Wlatz-their recent email tells me: Every night is happy hours at Waltz! We offer FREE CHEESE and CRACKERS with every beer/wine purchase. EAT AND DRINK UP!!
If you insist, Song!

Sunday the Seeds of Love team is at it again. This time they are hosting a sidewalk sale to raise money for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Head over to 24-37 Crescent Street from 1-5pm to score all sorts of great merch and help a worthy cause at the same time.

Finally don't forget about pub trivia at the Irish Rover on Sunday. I've missed out the past two weeks, but I'm ready to regroup my team and take the title a third time! Quizzing starts at 7:30 so get there early to register and snag a good spot.

Make it a great one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home