Monday, January 21, 2008

Holy Hannah! I'm in an ad for Locale!

It's no big secret that I love love love Locale. Sure I get the same entree everytime, but the Linguini Fruitti de Mar (I think I spelled that incorrectly) is so damn good, and not something I would venture to make at home, ever. The crispy artichokes are so good that I reevaluated my feelings on the veggie (and also another thing I would not make at home). The wine list is fantanstic and if I just want to chill with a glass of wine and a panini with a book or my notebook I'm in a great spot. Too bad it's not close enough to my new apartment as it's a bit of a walk, especially in this cold weather.

Anyhoo, one of the last times John and I went with his friend Ruth (early/late fall) I remember someone taking some photos. Now a)I assumed they would use them on their website and b)did not think we were in any of the shots.
I was wrong.

I was thumbing through the latest issue of Ins & Outs Magazine (a great local resource if you can find it; I've only ever found it a few times) and I was really looking at all the ads. It's not often you see full color, high quality ads for our favorite local establishments and I was really into them. I get to Locale and I'm looking at the photo and immediately I think, hey John has that striped shirt...wait a sec, that is John and that's me! I wasn't sure if the third person was Ruth or my old roommate Jamie since we've all been seated at that table multiple times and both gals have a similar shirt. John guessed correctly that it was Ruth. Anyhoo, if you look at the ad below the dude in the striped shirt with his back to you is John, I'm in black directly in front of him (mercifully it's not an action shot of me shovelling food into my face) and Ruth is next to me in the grayish sweater thing).

(end of the gratuitous "look at me!" post)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home