Saturday, January 19, 2008

2008 Street Fair Schedule

I didn't get a chance to post the schedule for the upcoming street fairs like I usually do. Here it is (I forget now which paper it was in, since it came out last month. If I have to guess I would say the Queens Chronicle).

If you are anything like me you'll have this baby printed and hanging next to your calendar in anticipation. I know it's pretty much the same old thing every year, but I kind of like that; I know I can look forward to something and it'll be there.


April 27
Central Astoria LDC
Steinway Street between 28th and 34th Avenues (1 day, 4 blocks)
May 14–19
St. Demetrios Cathedral
30th Drive between 30th and 31st Streets
(May 14 for set up, May 19 for dismantle, 1 block, 6 days)
May 26
Broadway Astoria Merchants & Professionals Association
Broadway between Crescent and 47th Streets (1 day, 17 blocks)
May 31
Dutch Kills Civic Association
36th Avenue between 29th and 35th Streets (1 day, 6 blocks)
June 25–29
St. Antonio Abate Society of Castrofilippo
Ditmars Boulevard between 35th and 38th Streets (June 25 set-up, 5 days, 3 blocks)
July 13
Friends of Community Board 1
30th Avenue between 29th and 42nd Streets (1 day, 13 blocks)
July 24–27
St. Irene Chrysovalantou Church
23rd Avenue from 35th to 37th Streets and on 36th Street from 23rd Avenue to under the Amtrak overpass (2 1/2 blocks, 4 days)
July 27
114 Precinct Civilian Observation Patrol
Broadway between Steinway and 48th Streets (1 day, 7 blocks)
August 10
Steinway Street B.I.D.
Steinway between 28th and 34th Avenues (1 day, 4 blocks)
September 1
30th Avenue Business Association
30th Avenue between 29th and 42nd Streets (1 day, 13 blocks)
September 18–21
Hellenic Orthodox Traditionalist Church of America (St. Markella)
26th Street from 23rd Avenue to under the Amtrak trestles (1/2 block, 4 days)
Sept. 28
Broadway Astoria Merchants & Professionals Association
Broadway between Crescent and 47th Streets (1 day, 17 blocks)

The only thing that disappoints me is that they are never as long as they say they are. I guess they have to account for it being at full capacity, but they never are. I wonder if it's because they can't sell all the spots or they try to not extend it all the way on purpose.

Oh well, yet another thing I can expect. Along with chocolate covered strawberries, falafal, watches, silly tee shirts, games to win a goldfish, $2 jewelry and pink lemonade.

These should tide you over until then:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home