Friday, March 09, 2007

The Weekender

Will I ever feel the sun, without having to wear multiple layers?
Damn! It's cold outside.
I have some photos from last week's parade in Sunnyside that I will post up for you and keep a look out for a post about Irish bars to take advantage of next weekend. I love the St. Patrick's Day season.
But that weekend isn't here yet, and we've got stuff to do this weekend

Saturday night, Astoria's own DJ Lo-Fi is spinning at Hell Gate Social again. Hittin the decks at 9:30 with no cover. Chchcheck it out.

Also on Saturday share your musical stylings at Doyle's Corner (42-02 Broadway). Starlight Karaoke is hosting a $5000 contest. Rules and regs here.

This weekend pop by Candy Plum mention myspace and get a free pair of earrings. If you all haven't heard me rave about this shop you must be deaf. If you haven't gone yet then this is the weekend to pop in. Hopefully I will be a new addition soon. More to come on that later.

Also this weekend Waltz hosts the weekly Mini Arts and Flea Market. Stop by and support local craftiness.

AMMI is blazing this weekend with back to back screenings of Flags of out Fathers and it's counterpart Letters from Iwo Jima.

Sunday night test your knowledge at the Irish Rover's Pub Quiz. I found out it actually came back last week, but found out after the fact. Unfortunately I'll be dining with my mother Sunday (mmmm Puerto Rican food mmmm) so I can't use my vast store of useless knowledge. Trust me, I'd come in handy for this type of thing.

If you're like me and need a quick fix of Spring, then head over to Fatty's Cafe for their Sunday night Social Party. Just another way to stretch out the last remnants of the weekend. This Sunday is Spring Break...flowered shirts, flowers in the hair and crazy times.

Finally: RIP Capt'n

Make it a great one folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home